IGNORED

Autocom Super Pro AVi question

Buckster

I have an Autocom Super Pro AVi that I want to add a second radio to. It appears that a 1414 is the proper cable to connect an Icom to Aux 4 of the SPAvi. But I have been unable to locate this cable. So I want to build one. The question that I have is the layout of the Aux inputs particularly Aux 4. Based on my research of Autocom Aux inputs, I believe that the SPAvi inputs are:

input tip ring 1 ring 2 sleeve

Aux 1 mic speaker +9 volts ground

Aux 2 right left mic ground

Aux 3 right left +9 volts ground

Aux 4 mic speaker vox ground

Aux 5 60 degree plug

Does anyone know if this is correct?

I had figured this out years ago but gave Heck on the board my autocom, box of parts and notes on 5 pin systems. You could try a pm to him.

I sold my Super Pro unit but I still have some "pieces-parts".

Give me a few minutes to check ... I will post a bit later what I have.

Allright Buckster... I think I have something... not sure what it is, but it has a socket/plug with 5-pins.

On one end is a socket/plug with 5 male pins inside a gray colored sleeve. Also from that plug is a smaller wire- possibly a power cord since it seems to be 3 smaller wires.

The larger cord has a short lead- call it 8 to 12 inches overall. The cord goes to another plug/socket which has the Female end with 5 sockets and anther port- looks like it might be ground.... or anchor socket.

Each end of this little rig is Stanped in the gray covers with "Autocom"

I sent you a PM. give me a shout.

Bob

and... I was digging through the various containers and found Another 5 Pin wire harness. This has the 5=Pin hard wired to a large 2-pin out connector... and... smaller set of wires that go what I am pretty sure is the back plate for a Kenwood Hand-held radio.

I had this set of pieces under the seat of my '05 RT... Kenwood Radio, with this replacing the back plate and the 5-pin out either to the PTT switch- which I cannot locate, or maybe it went to the helmet.

And... drumroll... I found a new, in box Autocom part number 1299... Interface lead from Garmin zumo 550.

In any case ... Call me.

Archived