IGNORED

throttle locks

taylor1

Just wondering what people think of the kaoko throttle locks. I lost my throttle meister on a ride and need to replace it. I can purchase a new kaoko for just a little more than a used throttle meister any input welcome Thanks

Afternoon taylor1

The kaoko throttle lock seems to work just fine, but a bit expensive.

Personally I like simple yellow $3.25 Cat. "O" better & the price is right.

I have one on my Triumph.I like it, it does what is meant to do.

It is solid, well machined, and looks good. I think is overpriced,

so if you find a used one, go for it. Nothing that can go wrong

with it, and i don't think can even lose it. ;)

Afternoon taylor1

Those "O" rings are kind of like a good whisky. It takes a while to get accustomed to it-- but once you get it figured out it is quick, seamless, & the improvement per dollar spent is immense.

Had a Kaoko on my '02 GS and it worked OK but for me was a pain to engage and disengage. I found the Omni-Cruise to work MUCH better! It is easy on and easy off and holds speed as good as any! Advrider has a discount code too!

http://www.omni-cruise.com/

Not like electronic cruise but for the price hard to beat!

After having the Throttlemeister and Kaoko locks on bikes, and not being all that impressed as they were fidgety to get right, I think there is one like those that is far superior. This guy has a lot of BMW parts he simply invents and markets. His "Gen 3" throttle lock is so much better thought out that it might be worth a look.

Throttle Lock

I did see the Excel product but was not all that impressed and the cost was way more than the Omni-cruise. Not sure the added cost was worth it. Would love to see a review by someone who tried one though.

For 15 years I sold the Throttlemeister, sold the Kaoko for several years when it came out and the Wrist Rest from Bob's BMW for a short time.

The T/M is pretty but under normal riding, it engages by your hand being on the grip end. Annoying to have to occasionally "turn it off".

The Kaoko works fine but as its plastic, the threads can gall or gum up. They suggest you clean the threads from time to time.

The Wrist Rest is less money than the T/M and the threads are reversed so it won't tighten accidently.

https://store.bobsbmw.com/browse.aspx?q=Wrist+rest

I would have preferred to offer the W/R But the powers that be had a personal thing against Bob's.

My RT came with the T/M when I bought it and I've yet to replace it after 11 years. It's easier to stay annoyed at it I guess.

Plus, as I said, it sure is pretty. (Polished version with matching dummy end)