IGNORED

Redverz fit in large top box?

mickeym3

Have only seen the Redverz set up and talked to owners but know I'd like to take the plunge and get one. My REI Half Dome 2 Plus would fit in my RT's top box but wondering if the Redverz (regular or solo) would fit? Appreciate any feedback from anyone familiar with this. Thanks in advance.

Specs at Redverz and REI provide the packed sizes:

Solo 7" x 21"

Atacama 9" x 21"

Half Dome 2 Plus 7"x 21"

Solo should fit like the Half Dome. You should be able to estimate if the Atacama's extra 2" diameter would be too big.

Edited by lkraus
Specs at Redverz and REI provide the packed sizes:

Solo 7" x 21"

Atacama 9" x 21"

Half Dome 2 Plus 7"x 21"

Got that but the half dome poles would barely fit at an angle and not sure about the Redverz poles fitting since they are so different, or at least they appear that way in the YouTube videos.

Got that. My Marmot (8"x 22") fits in my Shad SH50, but only in one spot - in the front of the box with the poles rolled in the middle of the tent. Curved corners and tapered walls interfere in any other location.

Not sure what the rack on your RT looks like, but I used to strap tent poles to the bottom of the rack on my oilhead RT; I *could* fit them in the top box at one particular angle, like you, but it was much more convenient to put them under. I used velcro one-wrap or bungies; both worked fine.

Thanks guys, if I can't angle the poles in separately I can probably just strap them to the front of the rack...may get a small canister so I don't tweak them.

• 2 months later...