IGNORED

Schuberth sizing

NapaBavarian

NapaBavarian

I currently have an Arai quantum f in medium 57-58, it seems Schubert is sized at medium 56-57 and large 58-59, can anyone give me any insight on what size would be good to order, the Arai isn't super tight but firm all around so I was tempted to stick with the slightly smaller medium, but I don't want to go too tight.

terryofperry

I can tell you my experience. I went from an Arai Quantum f in small to a Schuberth S1 in medium. Fit perfectly. I now have a Schuberth C3 in medium, fits perfectly. Everything I read stated Schuberth helmets ran one size smaller which has been my experience. You do not state which Schuberth you are looking to purchase. You should try them on or have a good return policy. The C4 is coming and they are closing out the C3 Pro at some good pricing.

Hope this helps.

Terry

NapaBavarian

I'm looking at a c3, I'd like to find a dark classic blue but those seem to be long gone, I'm considering mat black and having some color added to it

My experience in going from an Aria was the same as Terry's. Going to pick up a C3 Pro soon, little easier with glasses. If you keep the same sizing then you'll likely end up with the "Schuberth forehead tattoo". Great helmet though, but the Aria is still a very comfortable lid.

I wore Quanta (what a comfortable helmet) and Corsa's in medium; my head measurement had me right on the cusp of Schuberth medium and large. It was apparent, and I think correct, when trying them on that I go with the large. Beware if you're going to put speakers in the Schuberth - they can impact the fit, and you're not going to want them in a helmet that is too small for you.

NapaBavarian

I love my Arai and it has been comfortable and has a rare great graphics, but it is red and black, while it matches my first bike and my current Vulcan Nomad lazy Sunday bike I'd like something newer for the blue RT and a flip up front.

I'm a devout Arai wearer since '86 or so.

Today got my Corsair X Spencer replica.

Who has C3 Pro's really cheap ?

Looked on Ebay not much .

Who's been a bargain hunter and found a good price ?

NapaBavarian

I found some from great Britain for $610 delivered, if I found a large dark classic blue I'd pay retail, the "cheap" models are almost sold out, usually small or x-small

Just for discussion, or whatever...

Sometimes ratings are meaningful.

YMMV

Schberth C 3 Pro

This site has unbiased, IMO, ratings for a lot of helmets.

Some/plenty of surprises wrt helmet reputation, cost, and outcomes.

Best wishes.

I have ever confession to make. I bought a Schubert, and a Shoei from RevZilla. Not supposed to ride with them, but I did anyway. Both were good, but chose the Shoei, and returned the Shuberth. The Shoei has the flip down sun shades which I love. I was able to look down at my gauges under the flip down sun shade, so I could see the gauges better. The Shoei was quieter. I've been very happy with the helmet. And just got a Sena Bluetooth system that fits perfectly inside the helmet, a 10U. Nothing hangs off the outside of the helmet. Great!

NapaBavarian

BigTup, what shape is your head? I have a tall oval that fits an Arai better than a a Shoei, I wonder if that has any impact on Schuberth fit.

NapaBavarian

Bigtup, do you have a round head or tall narrow? I'm more tall narrow resulting in my preference of Arai, Shoei are great but I haven't worn one in 15 years (stolen) and I recall at the time I tried both.

NapaBavarian

I went ahead and ordered a large Schuberth C3 Pro Anthracite Matte so hopefully it fits like it sounds, thanks for all the input.

Congrats...you'll love it. I will say my Arai Quantum was the quietest helmet I'd ever owned, but the C3 rivals it and is modular. I was very surprised after my first ride with it.

The Arai isn't known for being quiet. It's big benefit is air intake. It's the best breathing full face helmet out there. The excess noise is all the vent scoops it has.

Shoei is about the quietest full face available. They don't ventilate anything like an Arai, but they sure are quiet.

NapaBavarian

There are many quantum versions, perhas there is a quiet model, my model f has a lot of wind noise but I have never wanted an upgrade till I met schuberth, probably well past time though. 04/2000 on the chin strap, for the price of admission it is like buying a mercedes, no point in replacing it with a brand new chevrolet just because the Chevy is new...

NapaBavarian

It arrived yesterday, quite the nice lid, very firm from the forehead through the back bottom, my tall narrow head isn't quite tight as I'd like in the sides but not bad, I've never found the perfect lid. Is the Bluetooth tight in the back or sides? I think I read back, probably won't work then, sides it might fit.

On a side note, I had to open the box to make sure they didn't accidently ship me an egg carton.