IGNORED

Kontour seat

SPX

Has anyone on here had a seat made by Kontour?

I'm considering going to them for a seat, but can't find much about them. What I have found is almost exactly 50/50 love/hate, but it's also quite old information, so I'm not sure if the Kontour process or materials have changed at all.

Has anyone on here had a seat made by Kontour?

I'm considering going to them for a seat, but can't find much about them. What I have found is almost exactly 50/50 love/hate, but it's also quite old information, so I'm not sure if the Kontour process or materials have changed at all.

Yes. I had my low seat for the prior '07 RT done by Kontour. It didn't improve things much. I did noticed that the pressure points on my rear did change, after the Kontour rework, but the discomforts after about 250 miles was still there. I was attracted to Kontour because I wanted to maintain the original shape of the seat, so that I can move around easily while riding, especially in corners, and the popular RDL seats looked as if it would cup my butt in place! Right now, I am using an Airhawk cushion on my '15 RT, and find that to be much better, if it is properly adjusted.

I still have that Kontour low seat, if anybody is interested!

I had one and it seemed to be just a recover of my stock seat.

No improvement in comfort for me.

Yes it flowed a ton of air but was too cold in lower temps. Heated

didn't seem to make a difference.

Hard company to work with and very expensive.

I have one. I love it in the summertime. I usually have all my gear on and I can't feel the heat. In the winter time, I recently got a stock seat for the rain. I feel the heat on this seat a bit more, not much more tho.

The Kontour is very comfortable for me. I have done 800-900 mile days on it, no problems. I doubt I could do that on the stock seat.

Thanks for the responses.

After exchanging emails with the owner of the company, Ron Miller, I've decided this isn't the seat for me. Regardless of how comfortable (or not, depending who you ask) his seats are, his business practices suck.

Most shocking -- he wouldn't provide me a reference or two, listing "privacy concerns." Yet he had no problem providing me a customers full name, as an excuse for why he didn't promptly get back to me:

"Actually, I thought I did get back to you. Remarkably enough I had a discussion going on at the exact same time about an RT seat with another xxxx - that ended in an order:

XXXXXX X. XXXXXXXXXXX"

I honestly can't believe a company would randomly, and without permission, put a customers name out in the open. To me, that's far more of a privacy concern than a potential customer asking for a reference or two from a happy customer.

BMS is a good operator. Builds saddles that many find more than satisfactory.

I've owned a lot of different saddles. Kontour was the best for me. Everyone's butts are different.

Surprised at Ron's response.

Go where you feel valued as a customer.

Shiny Side Up
Everyone's butts are different.

Whoa there pardner!!

...and how, pray tell, do you know this tidbit of information... Hmmmm? :rofl: