IGNORED

Wolfman Expedition Dry Duffel Good For RT?

RT5HTP

I need to get something pretty short order. I'm doing a trip and a piece of luggage that I thought I'd be able to use, isn't going to work out. I came across the Wolfman Expedition dry bag. It needs to be big enough to carry a heavy duty riding jacket and some other odds/ends. Does anyone have experience with this bag(pictured)? Does it mount well to the RT? The large is 28" wide and 11-1/2" high and deep. The medium is 24" wide with the same height/depth. Would love to hear experiences! Thanks.

Dave

EX806_Expedition_Dry_Duffel_Lg_a_1024x1024_zpsd1kuitww.jpg

EX806_Expedition_Dry_Duffel_Lg_a_1024x1024_zpsd1kuitww.jpg

Edited by RT5HTP

looks ok and probably a good bag. Not sure it is large enough. If you just carried the jacket and maybe a little more it should work. Measure how tight you can fold you jacket is about the best I can suggest. I have a Northface XL duffel (17.7 x 29.7 inches) I have been using for about 10 years. It's been through tons of heavy rain on my bike and in my boat. The thing is nearly bullet proof..and it should be it's expensive.

There is no real easy way to tie it on such a magic strap, but with the loops it has attached, I put to mesh nets together with some bungee straps ( the soft ones with plastic hooks) and it works fine. It also makes a great backrest. I just put it on the pillon and strap it down.

I need to get something pretty short order. I'm doing a trip and a piece of luggage that I thought I'd be able to use, isn't going to work out. I came across the Wolfman Expedition dry bag. It needs to be big enough to carry a heavy duty riding jacket and some other odds/ends. Does anyone have experience with this bag(pictured)? Does it mount well to the RT? The large is 28" wide and 11-1/2" high and deep. The medium is 24" wide with the same height/depth. Would love to hear experiences! Thanks.

Morning Dave

That might work if you can get all your excess into it.

Personally I use Kayak (roll top-dry-bags), those roll-top

dry bags come with strap loops on the sides, can

be rolled down to fit about any contents & stay round, just

don't leak (ever).

The waterproof roll-top bags can be bought in many sizes.

Those Kayak bags are available at most up level sports shops

like (R.E.I), Cabela's, or Bass Pro, etc. Or can be found on-line

a lot cheaper.

No matter what you choose don't use cheap bungee cords to hold

to bike as those things can come loose & wrap around your rear

wheel at speed.

There are any number of flat straps to hold bags to bike (like ROK,

Hellen 2 wheels, etc) as well as some flat braided elastic straps that

will hold securely at speed.

I have 3 SealLine bags: 20l, 30l, and 40l. They will absolutely keep your stuff 100% dry, but they do have a couple of a down sides when compared to the bag you have pictured.

Since they are basically long dark tubes, that makes it really difficult to see into the bag. My 30l and 40l bags are 30" long before you roll down the top so trying to see and get to something deep in the bag is a bit of a problem. The bag you picture with the opening along the length of the bag should make it be easier to get to your items. I got around the issue with my bags by using them to hold only larger less used items like my mesh jacket and pants along with things like rain gear and shoes. That left more room in my side bags and top case for smaller items. The 40l is my go to bag for use on extended trips. It would hold a LOT of stuff and straps nicely to the passenger seat with Rok Straps.

I have a couple of Wolfman tank and rear seat bags, and they are top quality items.

Thanks guys. I went with the Wolfman Expedition in medium. Had a feeling that the large would have been a little cumbersome if placed perpendicular on the passenger seat...may have obstructed my rear view(through mirrors). I may end up traveling with just one jacket anyhow, minimizing the nedd for a larger bag. On the way from Revzilla.

Wolfman is good choice with good reputation among the Adventure bike community.

Measure width between case openings,that will give you an idea of max dimensions.

The roll top bags such as this are great,in the they will roll down for smaller loads,or expand when carrying a lot.

Twisted Throttle carries similar bags and the new Nelson Rigg dry bags are getting some good write ups as a less expensive option.

Ortleib makes great MC oriented dry bags,high quality and price,similar to the Wolfman.

Shop around,often good deals on the net.

JR356