IGNORED

Just passing on the deal

Rougarou

Rougarou

Id lean on its a legit ad as scammers generally dont have license plates visible, which can be seen on the car in the background (from the scams tjat ive seen)

• 1 month later...
Rougarou

Anyone near Dayton, OH wanna pick up what appears to be an easy fixer upper.  If I was closer and the auction doesn't go stoopid, I'd jump.  Clean the carb, clean the tank, change the black goo and the plug and it'll prolly fire right up

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/203589253

image.thumb.jpeg.d3931ae689615bf01e057933451962ed.jpeg

• Like 2
SDCRJohn
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

Anyone near Dayton, OH wanna pick up what appears to be an easy fixer upper.  If I was closer and the auction doesn't go stoopid, I'd jump.  Clean the carb, clean the tank, change the black goo and the plug and it'll prolly fire right up

https://shopgoodwill.com/item/203589253

image.thumb.jpeg.d3931ae689615bf01e057933451962ed.jpeg

Looks like a pretty easy restoration. But, auction still has 5 days left, so it may not be a “deal” by then.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Skywagon

Thats a great find Roug....but like Pat....my size 11 would be swimming.

Rougarou

What’s up with your sizing lately? My feet are too small for the boots and my belly is too big for the Stich! :rofl: 

• Smile 1
Rougarou
1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

What’s up with your sizing lately? My feet are too small for the boots and my belly is too big for the Stich! :rofl: 

I'm just passing the deal,....not size searchin'  Mebbee you need to do some push-a-ways.

1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

push-a-ways.

:5146:  Never heard that bad word before. :dontknow:

Rougarou
1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

:5146:  Never heard that bad word before. :dontknow:

In 1998, our ship deployment to the Med as I was not really considered a "good" runner by infantry standards (hate running), I worked my tail off on the treadmills and stair climbers to beef myself up.  I'm talking sweatin to the oldies on these machines and also running around the flight deck when the thing was open for PT.

Anyway, we get to Israel, it's the desert, it's dark and a group of us are talking about some of the ocifers gaining weight, particularly, our CO.  I happened to say that the CO needed to do some "push-a-ways", not knowing he was within earshot.  He waddles over, "what did you say ssgt rougarou?",......not one to hold back, "well, sir, I think you need to do some push a ways",....he says "push-a-ways???" (like he didn't know what I meant), I reply " yes, like push away from the table cause you kinda getting fat"

Next morning the company lines up for PT.  CO does his little moto speech ending with, "we'll run until ssgt rougarou drops",......c'mon fat boy let's go I think to myself.  We take off and maybe, just maybe hit three miles on the run and we're done.  I ain't tired yet, the pace was slow, even for me.  Anyway, 1stSgt comes over and says, "the CO was worn out,...huffin and puffin",........he really needed to do some push a ways I says to the 1stSgt.

I still hate running

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
Janky59

The Goodwill page doesn’t show or mention the BMW PN.

Can anybody identify what generation cases there liners these are made for ? The square GS cases? The ‘14+ RT1200/1250 cases? If they’d fit the current RT’s I’d be tempted.

Rougarou
8 hours ago, Janky59 said:

The Goodwill page doesn’t show or mention the BMW PN.

Can anybody identify what generation cases there liners these are made for ? The square GS cases? The ‘14+ RT1200/1250 cases? If they’d fit the current RT’s I’d be tempted.

Their descriptions are wanting on many of the items.  The Aerostich suit that I bought some years ago was listed as a snowsuit. 

You gotta just trust the gut if you buy something. 

They do take returns and also, you can send a note to them via "contact seller" and ask if they could find the tag, take a picture.  I've had luck with responses.

image.thumb.png.68181274a0b2afff01d22e6524306461.png

Last Christmas, I was bidding on a new in the box Schwinn bicycle for the grandboy.  I put my bid and with shipping at my highest bid, the price was going to be a quarter of a local purchase.  Won the bid with only a few days left before Christmas, sent them a note to see if they could expedite the shipping and I received a note back from a nice lady that stated the bike was rushed out for me.

• Like 1

Any numbers on a BMW part may or may not be a part number, but most often is NOT.  Goodwill would have no way of knowing what the bags fit unless the donor knew and attached a note. Goodwill did well just to recognize that they are motorcycle-related.

Best bet is to look up Motorrad liners and compare the pictures.  Look at bags for your style of pannier and for other  styles to see the differences.

To me, the left bag looks a lot like this one, but I've only looked at one style.

• Like 1

Score! - I got the bag liners from the Goodwill auction today. All in with shipping for $70 total - super happy.
Thanks @Rougarou for posting the deal and @lkraus for the web link. Yes, they fit the RTW cases :18:

IMG_0885.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Smile 1
Rougarou
6 hours ago, Red said:

says recommended for all BMW motorcycle batteries.  I didn't know BMW made motorcycle batteries.  :5146:

They don't,....but they do re-brand:classic_biggrin:

Yeah, they even like to have their name on brake calipers.  :ohboy:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1