IGNORED

torque wrench

nick1234

I have a couple of CDI split-beam wrenches (3/8" & 1/2") and one of their digital 1/4" wrenches too. They are very nice but aren't exactly inexpensive.

It's been discussed many times, and honestly.....coming from 25+ years of turning wrenches on things and using everything from generic crap to premium brands like Snap On. For the value, I hate to say it, but you can't do better than Harbor Freight for torque wrenches. It's different if you are earning a paycheck off of them, but if you are using them once or twice a month....they really do fit the bill. I've tested mine for accuracy before big projects over the years and they have always been spot on. I did have one 3/8” one fail on me after about 20yrs of use, I bought another to replace it and I'm still happy. They have done everything for me from simple tire changes, to transmission rebuilds, to rebuilding the tops of motors. I could have spent more money, but it would have been wasted.

For me I kind of agree. I have 2 Husky (Home Depot) torque wrenches, click type and for my needs they work just fine. I suspect you can spend more but I have never had an issue with mine.