IGNORED

Zumo 550 ?

Richard_D

Has any one paired a Zumo 550 with a Sena 20s and a Samsung galaxy S8 ? I almost had success but when answering a call in my helmet through the Sena it lasts for about 1 second then can only be heard through my phone speaker.

Check zumoforums.com and make sure your phone is not connected by Bluetooth to the Sena 20s.

Your phone should be connected to only the Zumo 550. And the Sena 20s should only have a Bluetooth connection to the Zumo 550.

Also make sure the Zumos preferences are set to connect to Sena as a headset.

Thanks Bernie , everything is working now. Is it normal though to have to pair the Zumo and Sena every time I turn the Sena off ? The phone stays paired to the Zumo but the Sena does not.

I don't know Richard, I never paired my 550 by Bluetooth to my Sena. I don't have this problem with the 590 or the Nav 6.

Maybe someone else can help on this issue.

FWIW I don't bother with the Zumo 550 and the phone. The phone functionality is pretty weak on the zumo, and I listen music more than anything else anyway - direct from phone to Sena, I can answer the phone and use voice dialing without the zumo. This doesn't help you as it's not what you asked, but that's my take on the trio. :)

For what its worth... I had a Zumo for years... in fact, I was the first Moderator on the Zumo Forums... which is for sale in case anyone is interested... but I digress.

I hard wired the Zumo base to an Autocomm unit which had wires to the passenger and my helmets. Works great... no pairing, no problems. Intercom was perfect. Wires were a PITA.

I strongly suggest moving to a newer set of hardware and technology- then you can fuss with Pairing Methods and other issues- but no wires.