IGNORED

Sena 20S vs. 30K

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

There is a gentleman that sits next to me at work that is considering purchasing a Sena unit for he and his wife. Everything I had heard is that the 30K was a good upgrade from the 20S, but another co-worker (who digs in hard and researches everything) pointed me towards this link with Amazon reviews that show differently.

Has anyone experienced excessive problems with the 30K? I don't want to recommend something that isn't quite developed the way it should be yet. What are the thoughts from the group?

Shawn

I did my research as well and determined for basic use the 20s was the better value. I think the "selling" point of the 30K is the "phone app". that was not an important feature for me. so I am staying with the 20s

Edited by randy

Agreed! From what I've read people who have upgraded from the 20S to the 30 typically regret it. Shorter battery life, larger/bulkier (?) feels less-well-made. Again, this is just reviews I read, no personal experience. One guy said, unless everyone you ride with has a 30 so you can take advantage of the mesh intercom, there's no reason to upgrade.

Bill_Walker

A friend of mine got a pair of 30Ks for he and his wife to use. He finds the "mesh" mode, which is the big selling point of the 30K, doesn't work very well. In mesh mode the VOX cuts off the first word or two of most communications.