IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

Rougarou

From this morning 

Sprayed the drywall primer and sealer 

Daughters gonna have to paint it, I aint spraying again

IMG_3781.thumb.jpeg.15f0666d382004b1403a70df15e43157.jpegIMG_3780.thumb.jpeg.238a1c4f23237c32915618ed395d8e77.jpegIMG_3779.thumb.jpeg.97208fe17028fe14c6ab18bd5186b733.jpeg

when she gets done painting, ill roll back to do the trim and add a couple of doors

• Like 7
roadscholar

Perpetual motion machine, the question is how to stop it : )

• Smile 1
wbw6cos

Our high temp for the day.  I know, some of y'all might be hotter.  .

It got up to 95 F befoe I finished moving 1 cubic yard of 57 granite from my trailer to around the shed - a 5 gallon bucket at a time.   Came inside, took a shower and conitinued cooling off watching (recorded) F1 racing.

Stay cool everybody!

20240623_180335-100.thumb.jpg.56083b8234cc00693dad3b9caa12b627.jpg

• Like 1
Rougarou

Gotta love working outside.

Daughters addition still doesn't have the mini-splits hooked up yet and we laid the floor today.  I loaded up the 6x12 trailer with the table saw and miter saw, along with other necessities.  Nothing like cutting wood when you're all sweaty and the slight, ever so slight breeze doesn't know which way to stay steady blowing.  Along with that, where you put your portable work station in the shade at 0730, doesn't stay in the shade past 0900 and you finally lay the last plank at 1730.  Cutting that stuff all day, covered in man glitter and felt like a portable piece of sand paper,.....btw, was wearing only shorts and shoos, so 'twas a full body covered in that dust.

I think we were low 90's-92ish, but it was humid, right now showing 89. 

Yesterday was yard work day moving mulch pulling up a shi-at-ton of iris's and re-planting at daughters place.  We started digging the holes at the daughters place, no rain in quite a bit of time, and clay don't like to get dug when dry.  Smart wife says kinda smartassedly, "hey, didn't I just order an auger that we picked up yesterday".  I says "ya, but it's at our house".........a whole 2 acres away" I reply equally smartassedly.  So we trek back to our house, grab the damn auger, fuel it up and head back.  Letmetellya this,....that cheep little thing made planting about 100 iris's a piece of cake.  Since it was so easy, she said, "let's go get more", so we did and planted a whole mess more.  There's areas of my daughters yard that suck to cut, so anything that likes to multiply and spread is moved to her place to try to fill in those sucky areas.

Anyway, I's off Friday-Sunday and we've been outside all those days.  This is typical of us during the warm months.  Soak in the heat and I think I'm three to four shades darker today than I was Thursday.

Joe Frickin' Friday
19 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

@Joe Frickin' Friday to the customer service telephone.

Taking TANSTAAFL as axiomatic, I'm going to claim trickery.  There's a suspicious camera cut at 0:13, and you can hear (but not see) reciprocating machinery that's likely powering this flywheel.  

John Ranalletta
18 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Perpetual motion machine, the question is how do you stop it : )

Guess I'll cancel my order.

BamaJohn
17 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Cutting that stuff all day, covered in man glitter and felt like a portable piece of sand paper,.....btw, was wearing only shorts and shoos, so 'twas a full body covered in that dust.

You put a vision in my memory bank that I can't unsee.....and it ain't pretty!  But I do admire the family projects you all put together...

Rougarou
19 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

You put a vision in my memory bank that I can't unsee.....and it ain't pretty!  But I do admire the family projects you all put together...

Quitcher fantasizing about me:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2
John Ranalletta

Nature doesn't take sides.

A neighbor told me a robin's nest with three chicks was knocked from a tree just outside my office.  I replaced the nest and put the chicks back in while mom & pop robins dive bombed me.  Today, hearing a lot of chirping and looking out the window, I see a large hawk on the ground next to the nest which must have fallen or been knocked down by the hawk.  I got to the nest and found only one chick.  Unfortunately, when I tried to place it in the nest, the chick would flap its fuzzy wings and jump out.  The hawk returned for that chick and is seen eating it here.

image.png.666004f1243d879d40788e682abab649.png

• Thinking 1
John Ranalletta

2024 Road Trip.  The boys left NJ Friday and just crossed into Canada at the Tolstoi port of entry headed for Winnipeg.

Got stones?

image.thumb.png.42ab532cfe16165b91f8a7ed77cc99ed.png

• Like 3
Rougarou
1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

2024 Road Trip.  The boys left NJ Friday and just crossed into Canada at the Tolstoi port of entry headed for Winnipeg.

Got stones?

Those fat porsche’s are supa easy to work on., pliers, flat and phillips head and adjustable wrench is all that should be needed, mebbe a vise grip. One could damn near piss in the tank and itd run. :)

Joe Frickin' Friday
4 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Those fat porsche’s are supa easy to work on., pliers, flat and phillips head and adjustable wrench is all that should be needed, mebbe a vise grip. One could damn near piss in the tank and itd run. :)

Many years ago there was a member here who was driving an old bug when his throttle cable broke.  With the engine in the back, that meant the throttle cable passed under the driver to reach the accelerator pedal.  So he found a place where he could pull the broken end of the cable up through the floor, tied it to his lug wrench, and then wedged one end of the lug wrench into a corner somehow so that he could pull up on the other end, creating a hand-operated throttle.  Worked well enough to get him home.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
John Ranalletta
8 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Many years ago there was a member here who was driving an old bug when his throttle cable broke.  With the engine in the back, that meant the throttle cable passed under the driver to reach the accelerator pedal.  So he found a place where he could pull the broken end of the cable up through the floor, tied it to his lug wrench, and then wedged one end of the lug wrench into a corner somehow so that he could pull up on the other end, creating a hand-operated throttle.  Worked well enough to get him home.

They happened onto a VW car meetup in Winnipeg.

74148083042__20A6B9A0-C315-4147-A47A-822E1B96B5ED.thumb.jpeg.85e7a58353764049b0c3fc118a2c940b.jpeg

• Like 2
Rougarou

My '73 popped a brake line.  Hit the brakes, felt the pressure give, to the floor the pedal went.  Buddy was all sorts of nervous.  I said: "I got an e-brake that works just fine,...to stop, I'll push the pedal to light the brake lights and use the e-brake to stop",.....worked just fine.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
13 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

They happened onto a VW car meetup in Winnipeg.

Just by chance? That’s some odds right there! :cool:

John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Just by chance? That’s some odds right there! :cool:

They play it day by day.  Head in a general direction.  No interstates.  Mid morning, they'll decide on a night stop and book via internet.

• Like 2
Hosstage
42 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

They play it day by day.  Head in a general direction.  No interstates.  Mid morning, they'll decide on a night stop and book via internet.

Probably my favorite way to travel.

roadscholar
3 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

That's how I roll except start looking later in the afternoon, used to worry the GF a little but now she accepts it's just another facet of the adventure : )

Think this is a repeat but in the summer of 1970 drove to Cali with friends in a VW bus. While there got a call from a rock promoter buddy that needed drivers at the Toronto Rock Festival. Bought a 64 bug from a UCLA professor for $400., buddy and I stopped in Vegas so he could play blackjack, camped one night in Yellowstone (no sleep either night) and did the rest straight thru. Afterwards went to Cape Cod and NYC awhile and hung out on a farm in SC. Drove it another year at school then sold it to a buddy, he drove it a few years after that. I've got Super 8 footage somewhere, probably oughta get it digitized.

• Like 2
John Ranalletta
On 6/30/2024 at 3:45 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Got stones?

IMG_3105.thumb.jpeg.331c2faf5e77445b87acd4ee111b3dfe.jpeg 

• Like 3
Rougarou

that's near as bad as the love bugs

Dennis Andress

Those things aren't extinct yet????

John Ranalletta
3 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Happy Independence Day!!

American Flag Wave GIF by JOSH HILL

On 6/30/2024 at 3:45 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Got stones?

They’re probably on to something. :cool:

Rougarou

When the heat index is one oh fawkitshot, but you’re outside at the barn working, listening to tunes, place your iphone in the ice chest so it stays cool enough to play. :18:

And drink plenty of

image.thumb.jpg.dddb7c214c55a9480f87fe748e416020.jpg

• Smile 1

The rescued mulberry tree is doing well. It had berries on it before I went on vacation. They’re all gone now, the birds musta had a feast while I was away.

image.thumb.jpeg.c49583825d208b4be3481a148bad55ce.jpeg

• Like 3
John Ranalletta
On 7/4/2024 at 1:01 PM, John Ranalletta said:

image.thumb.png.4291f8e81e15e107209fe81abf718d2b.png

image.thumb.png.4c312f0990ad0aba51db7577e8bd51b3.pngimage.thumb.png.eed1e2ed63cec4875be2617c6801fad8.png

image.thumb.png.1e739ff4206f21a62c3a5a63366077dd.png

• Like 3
John Ranalletta

Maybe, it's just me, but, I'd be on the first stage coach out of town.

• Like 4
Rougarou

Ive been to Pompeii, I dont want nobody digging me up in 1945 years, just to show me off as a tourist attraction :cool:

but that be a cool concert backdrop 

wbw6cos

Obligatory spider song:

• Like 1
Rougarou

My first cyber truck spotting

image.thumb.png.3d518381d51f760f94bf4d95693977f7.png

yep, ugly!!

• Like 2
Hosstage

The stainless steel rusts. It has to be polished with Bar Keepers Friend on a regular basis to get rid of it.

Nice.

• Like 1
roadscholar

I've seen one driving around Ponte Vedra a couple times. Big, stupid, worse in person than in photos.

• Like 1
wbw6cos

I saw 2 on a Tesla Company car hauler headed somewhere north of Atlanta.    In and around where I work I have seen 3 of those things.  Two were white-ish and the other was dull, ugly flat black looking.   It was in the turn lane next to me at a traffic light; I was on the bike and had an uneasy feeling being that close to one.   :4317:  

• Smile 1