Right Now!

TEWKS

5 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I wonder if they had been wrapped?

I saw a maroon one last week sometime. Thought they all came SS. :dontknow:

Hosstage
1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

I saw a maroon one last week sometime. Thought they all came SS. :dontknow:

They do, it seems everybody was so excited to get maintenance free stainless that they can't wait to wrap it. Anything to unugly it. Maybe they could get a wrap that makes it look like a Chevy.

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Maybe they could get a wrap that makes it look like a Chevy.

A Tundra… :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

IMG_0795.thumb.webp.89d44bcc042badea1384fcd94cd5edc7.webp

wbw6cos

Hides most of the ugly.   :dontknow:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
John Ranalletta
On 7/3/2024 at 5:48 PM, John Ranalletta said:

IMG_3105.thumb.jpeg.331c2faf5e77445b87acd4ee111b3dfe.jpeg 

image.thumb.png.f76a13eac5a66a58bc3d0ae49f1675d2.png

• Like 7
Rougarou

Making little rocks from big rocks

IMG_3827.thumb.jpeg.8a942c54a5b717e14fdb398a7d6df323.jpegIMG_3826.thumb.jpeg.a6d16203103cbcf2ba19c241faa4ae79.jpeg

Retaining wall has a slight lean. Builders of the house put zero drainage behind it. There also is water that drains when it rains where the wall meets the house that i cannot determine where from. 

i would use the backhoe to knock down the wall, but theres the issue of my main power coming in right next to that down spout. So we use the BFH. 

• Like 1
Rougarou

Found the leak, drain pipe has a crack about four feet from the wall🤬🤬🤬

Now gotta repair that then level the ground and put the wall up proper

IMG_3828.thumb.jpeg.2e9611f41bbe98486c47d1a26c56e1ed.jpeg

• Like 2

I thought we were going to get a sampling of your John Deere operating skills! :read: ie digging back the material there.

Rougarou
21 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I thought we were going to get a sampling of your John Deere operating skills! :read: ie digging back the material there.

There's a spigot right under the solar inverter and to the left of that is where power comes in the house.  those two items had me second guessing my skilz with the backhoe.  If those items weren't there, it'd been the backhoe knocking that wall down. 

I'm going to manually scrape the base about six inches to the right of where it originally was.  By doing that, I should be able to backfill enough rock for any drainage that may be needed as well as adding a few weep holes/slots.  When the house was built, they did neither of those two items, hence the leaning wall of Walnut Cove.  I've another retaining wall that is leaning slightly, that may be a hire out as it may need manually dig five feet deep by 12 feet long,.....I ain'ta doing that.

• Like 1

My father built the house we grew up in. Eight of us all together. The under garage had two 7 ft high by about 40 feet long concrete walls leading out to the roadway. I was about seven, to maybe ten years old when the right side started leaning in, also. It developed a crack right about in the middle of the 40 feet mentioned. Us kids played in that driveway for 10 years with the wall like that. It collapsed in the middle of the night some years back when most of us were grown enough not to be playing in the driveway. He played the odds! :rofl:

• Smile 1
12 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Making little rocks from big rocks

IMG_3827.thumb.jpeg.8a942c54a5b717e14fdb398a7d6df323.jpegIMG_3826.thumb.jpeg.a6d16203103cbcf2ba19c241faa4ae79.jpeg

Retaining wall has a slight lean. Builders of the house put zero drainage behind it. There also is water that drains when it rains where the wall meets the house that i cannot determine where from. 

i would use the backhoe to knock down the wall, but theres the issue of my main power coming in right next to that down spout. So we use the BFH. 

There be no building codes in your county?

Rougarou
5 hours ago, Red said:

There be no building codes in your county?

If you're referring to the retaining wall's construction, I don't know what the codes were in 1980 when the house was built. 

Rougarou

Today was clean out the coop day. Wife and I did our maintenance and wanted to change out the bedding in the nesting boxes but a hen was laying. We finished up, went back to the house for some other chores, returned to the coop to put the chickens in for the night and gather the eggs. I opened the nesting box and immediately say mother fawker. Wife comes around to see what i was so happy about and sees this baby and no fawkin eggs. 

We catch our friend and load him up for the mile plus journey away from our maison. 

Bastard was fairly quick to get in and suck down prolly five eggs as we were only away from the barn about an hour

Close to four feet

image.thumb.jpeg.d3356563c497a48efc98385606b2bc5a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Dennis Andress
6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d3356563c497a48efc98385606b2bc5a.jpeg

A guy I know in Utah. 
image.png

roadscholar
33 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

Watching a monsoon…

IMG_1675.jpeg

that's not a monsoon, that’s an afternoon shower, happens almost every day here in Summer between 2 and 6pm for 20 minutes : )

• Haha 1
Dennis Andress

Maybe, but that lighting strike is perhaps 30 miles away. 

roadscholar

Lightening-1024x512.jpg

CDN media

"NWS says Florida's unique location, surrounded by warm water, provides everything needed for thunderstorms to form. The weather service also says July is the worst month for lightning strikes because summer brings more storms and more activities are taking place."

Rougarou
6 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

A guy I know in Utah. 
image.png

Luckily, the rattlesnakes in my area are rare.  Timber rattlesnake and copperhead are the only venomous snakes that are said to be in my area.  I've had plenty of black rat snakes in my basement garage, found skins five-six feet (ya stretched when they shed).  I always look at my sill area when in the basement garage as that's where the skins are.  Only seen the live guys a couple of times and by the time I got up to try to yank it out, it slithered back into the cinderblocks.  I've sealed (spray foam) as much sill as I could and haven't seen skin nor snake since.

When we clean up some areas, I know in my head that I'll see a snake, yet, when I remove a piece of debris/deadfall and find one, damn things still startle me. 

Was not expecting the snake in the nesting box,.......at all!!!

BamaJohn
8 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

A guy I know in Utah. 
image.png

Looks like an interesting fella........

Dennis Andress
2 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

Looks like an interesting fella........

I used to bitch that no one makes a pretty size 15 shoe, nowadays nobody makes a size 15. Don made me the most comfortable shit-kicking boots I’ve ever had. 
IMG_1678.jpeg

• Like 2
BamaJohn
23 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

I used to bitch that no one makes a pretty size 15 shoe, nowadays nobody makes a size 15. Don made me the most comfortable shit-kicking boots I’ve ever had. 
IMG_1678.jpeg

Nice....real Nice!  

I see half a cow standing there, and some good snake protection!

Dennis Andress
42 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

Nice....real Nice!  

I see half a cow standing there, and some good snake protection!

Hawks like snakes!

• Like 1
taylor1

Wife saw this guy when she went to clean one of the Blue bird boxes this past spring

IMG_5313.jpeg

• Like 1
Rougarou
3 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Wife saw this guy when she went to clean one of the Blue bird boxes this past spring

IMG_5313.jpeg

yep, nother shiver moment 

We were pulling some creeping jenny and digging up more iris’s today. Wife is standing on the five foot wall while im pushing the shovel for those iris’s. 

One side of the wall is a five foot drop, other side is level. Top of wall is two bricks wide on cinder block. Bricks have an overhang of some inches on the in grade side. As im working the shovel, she lets out a “fawkin snake” and glade she jumped toward the level side.  Freakin two foot black snake hidden under the overhand and in the iris’s. Ran right over her foot. 

caught that guy and relocated him in the woods. 

Three black snakes this week,….ugh

taylor1

Then you have the idiots that think kill it no matter what. Kinda of the mentality of a lot of the people here. Like I said, idiots !

• Like 1
Hosstage

Snakes eat rodents, a good thing. But they are scary as hell when you're not ready for them. Scary even when you are.

• Like 1
BamaJohn
22 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Then you have the idiots that think kill it no matter what. Kinda of the mentality of a lot of the people here. Like I said, idiots !

Check your mailbox Dave...I'll be sending you some snakes I don't need.  Not sure what kind they are, but you can tell when you open the package I reckon......:beer:.

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
taylor1

Send em on up John, I think the King snake that hangs around could use a little help getting rid of those darn cotton rats  :shake:

• Haha 1
Dennis Andress
On 7/21/2024 at 3:17 PM, Hosstage said:

Snakes eat rodents,

Lets not get too happy about that, snakes eat maybe one rodent a week.

• Like 1
Hosstage
1 hour ago, Dennis Andress said:

Lets not get too happy about that, snakes eat maybe one rodent a week.

I'll take what I can get!

John Ranalletta

I want to remember @BamaJohn expressed some unease walking around Yellowstone.  Poke the bear, eh?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
BamaJohn
On 7/22/2024 at 4:45 PM, taylor1 said:

Send em on up John, I think the King snake that hangs around could use a little help getting rid of those darn cotton rats  :shake:

Just kidding Dave....I haven't seen more tha 6 snakes in 13 years here, and I let 'em be to do their thing.  Roxanne (the resident feline) helps with mice and chipmunks.  The critters that bother me most are ants and spiders.

Rougarou
8 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

The critters that bother me most are ants and spiders.

Permethrin

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1

I use Termidor once a year around the foundation of the house. No ants. But then again, Alabama ants might be a whole different creature! :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1
John Ranalletta
4 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

I want to remember @BamaJohn expressed some unease walking around Yellowstone.  Poke the bear, eh?

@BamaJohn

This is the sentence from your 4000 mile trip report I recalled:

Yellowstone is a two-sided beauty, and I kept wondering when it will explode”. 

• Thanks 1
Hosstage

The area around that Geyser is closed, the walkway and parking lot, debris blew everywhere.

BamaJohn
7 hours ago, Hosstage said:

The area around that Geyser is closed, the walkway and parking lot, debris blew everywhere.

TICK, TICK, TICK........I don't want to be an alarmist, but I've been to Yellowstone 4 times, the latest  being July 2023, and I won't be going back, due  more to the crowds and the costs than the potential eruption(s).

• Like 3
Hosstage

We did a tour thru Yellowstone during winter a couple years ago. It was pretty cool. The guide gives a lot of info you normally wouldn't get, you can see much deeper into the forests due to no leaves on the trees. The geysers and thermal springs can bee sen from miles away due to the steam being much more visible. Seeing the waterfalls half frozen was beautiful, and open water river because of the warmth of the thermal feeds was fun.

• Like 3
John Ranalletta

Beautiful day for a ride in Brown Co. IN but not for this guy.  Were told HD rider hit gravel and crashed.  Sustained shoulder and  ankle breaks.  Road closed requiring detour.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
John Ranalletta

Who knew? Nearby population density certainly a factor but still....

image.thumb.png.3e2fb6db8fcb99b0bfa3f72cf66b4954.png

• Like 2
Joe Frickin' Friday

My sister sent me a little biker gnome:

image.thumb.jpeg.efa9b368f099a2fd70e497ccae4263e0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.addf6fb99c5a9120c1856da298e12629.jpeg

ATGATT, that's a helmet in his left hand:

PXL_20240730_170242361.thumb.jpg.936077095ccffd98a39eab1e2338c461.jpg

• Like 2
  • Smile 1