IGNORED

Right Now!

TEWKS

John Ranalletta

Ford Patents System to Have Your Car Report Speeders to the Police

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Cant beat the chow in Germany! The beer isn't too bad either!

20240802_163237.thumb.jpg.3f676e8d639e6b942a7243254583c89f.jpg

Something happen? :dontknow:

MikeB60
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Something happen? :dontknow:

Yep, Stryker rollover nobody died but 5 hospitalized and lots of damage to really expensive equipment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
BamaJohn
13 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Individual privacy is a fading concept, and we all lose.

• Like 2
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, BamaJohn said:

Individual privacy is a fading concept, and we all lose.

INteresting that the system won't report if the Ford driver is speeding.  Wonder why Ford might decide to deputize itself?  See something.  Say something.  Society's becoming a nation of rats.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
John Ranalletta
7 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

INteresting that the system won't report if the Ford driver is speeding.  Wonder why Ford might decide to deputize itself?  See something.  Say something.  Society's becoming a nation of rats.

Can't wait for, "If you didn't do anything wrong, why would you worry about it?"

image.thumb.png.73c84dbeffa245bae6e4c7272f88b6ab.png

• Like 2
wbw6cos

Here to buy Laura her '69 Camaro.20240803_102931.thumb.jpg.454d97fd81bbeef1b158ef031e667707.jpg

• Smile 2
  • Haha 1
Skywagon

Hmmm.  William...I owned a 68 and a 71 Camaro.  I don't remember them looking like the above picture.

• Like 1
wbw6cos

I was just showing where in the Right Now thread.   Will show something closer in Cars thread.

Getting closer, eh?

17226994248237171193591469892173.thumb.jpg.749c1d625ac5c6f45329b1cfe25c46ea.jpg

• Like 1
John Ranalletta

The best segment Fortnite produced.  Chronicles the death of mom 'n pop dealers.

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 2
wbw6cos

Winner, winner.   Chicken dinner!

Johnny, tell our contestant about his parting prize.  :grin:

• Smile 1
wbw6cos

Finally found an affordable one for her.17227059509318296239745960846128.thumb.jpg.d80f961af9a7d5caaeb2a78c8ff52980.jpg

• Haha 5
Indy Dave
10 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Can't wait for, "If you didn't do anything wrong, why would you worry about it?"

image.thumb.png.73c84dbeffa245bae6e4c7272f88b6ab.png

One Nation, under surveillance....

• Like 1
wbw6cos

Beer-battered fish & chips, y'all!

20240803_182727.thumb.jpg.7abdc9e540d7afe3ad04dcbb494e2925.jpg

• Like 4
John Ranalletta
4 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Seen in Indy...

IMG_8064(1).thumb.jpg.a319b1831eb595b1c324cc66460e8f18.jpg

Looking forward to it.  

Indy Dave
3 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Looking forward to it.  

Is that your church, John? Our monthly couples Euchre group was Friday (Indy Scott and Indy Jerry are part of the group) and the meal theme was breakfast (we all pitch in). The host said he would cook a bunch of sausage - and being juveniles - that led to several wise cracks. And then the sign got tossed into the conversation.

John Ranalletta

We attended St. Thomas in the 70s.  The sausage event generally attracts a SRO crowd. 

• Like 1

Our newest engine being constructed out in Appleton WI. The extra steps and the door mounted mirrors (not attached yet) were my two requests.  :cool:

image.thumb.jpeg.7272cec541b2713acc5af2cc9ee498c5.jpeg

• Like 2
Rougarou
10 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

The extra steps were my two requests.  :cool:

haha, could it be a weight or age request?:grin::grin:

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

haha, could it be a weight or age request?:grin::grin:

Believe it or not I’ve heard many of the younger (than me) guys say damn these trucks are getting harder to climb up into. I just hope someone doesn’t tear the bottom step off on a curb or something. 

Rougarou
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Believe it or not I’ve heard many of the younger (than me) guys say damn these trucks are getting harder to climb up into. I just hope someone doesn’t tear the bottom step off on a curb or something. 

Just like active duty, the younger guys whine about "my knees hurt", "my back hurts", "I can't shoot with iron sights",........quitcherbitchen and do the do.

Looks to be a purty truck

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Looks to be a purty truck

I’ll post up a picture when it’s done, ya I think it’s gonna be a nice one! :thumbsup:

John Ranalletta
On 8/2/2024 at 3:13 PM, John Ranalletta said:

Ford Says its ‘Speed Reporting’ Patent is for Law Enforcement Vehicles Only

• Thinking 1
wbw6cos

So, they just drive around in an unmarked vehicle during their entire shift and do not have to make contact with offenders?   How efficient!  :ohboy:

MikeB60
21 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Just like active duty, the younger guys whine about "my knees hurt", "my back hurts", "I can't shoot with iron sights",........quitcherbitchen and do the do.

Go see Doc and get a tampon!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Rougarou
2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Go see Doc and get a tampon!

The sickness they have is sandyclittyitis

• Plus 1 1
13 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Rupert Holmes wrote and sung the song with lyrics that described where the first case was reported and ultimately diagnosed. :spittake:

“If you like makin' love at midnight
In the dunes on the cape”

Joe Frickin' Friday

Rooftop air handlers are being replaced at the lab today.  The cool thing is the crane:

PXL_20240807_163613421.thumb.jpg.801c6ac681021f7a6f8b10884343aeab.jpg

Seems like just a run-of-the-mill crane, right?  Well, the cool part is the operator's cab, which is on its own boom and can be raised up for a better view of the payload touchdown point:

PXL_20240807_154746051.thumb.jpg.976d50142c5840833fe4abfd8c7246cb.jpg

• Like 7
MikeB60
18 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I have found that a good dose of front, back, go can be effective medicine for that particular disease! 

• Haha 1
Rougarou
6 minutes ago, MikeB60 said:

I have found that a good dose of front, back, go can be effective medicine for that particular disease! 

Had to look that Army terminology up,.......we just call it thrashing

• Smile 1
35 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Rooftop air handlers are being replaced at the lab today.  The cool thing is the crane:

PXL_20240807_163613421.thumb.jpg.801c6ac681021f7a6f8b10884343aeab.jpg

Seems like just a run-of-the-mill crane, right?  Well, the cool part is the operator's cab, which is on its own boom and can be raised up for a better view of the payload touchdown point:

PXL_20240807_154746051.thumb.jpg.976d50142c5840833fe4abfd8c7246cb.jpg

My cousin’s husband owns a sheet metal company and they do a lot of that work. He hires out a helicopter in certain situations. 

A bit long but you don’t have to watch it all. :-)

syntorz
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

My cousin’s husband owns a sheet metal company and they do a lot of that work. He hires out a helicopter in certain situations. 

Yep, seen it done...and fail unfortunately. I was at work down the street from this install when things went bad. Nobody seriously injured, and good job by the pilot the way he dropped the load then flew to a safer crash landing spot.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, syntorz said:

...and good job by the pilot the way he dropped the load then flew to a safer crash landing spot.

If we're talking about good helo piloting, there's this guy (below).  AIUI, managing load sway on a crane is a challenging task (unless you've got a modern crane with automatic anti-sway control), but this pilot has absolutely no problem dropping bundle after bundle of Christmas trees in the truck in spite of massive load sway:

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

That's a nicely made video, and damn that's a big helicopter.  Always cool watching riggers do their thing.  

• Like 1
Rougarou

Here, I give you the shitter.  These things fall out of the sky on a decently regular basis but damn are they workhorses.  Like the utilitarian C130 being my favorite plane, the CH53 is my favorite wind beater.

I've fastroped and rappeled outta the hell hole and off the ramp as well as SPIE rigged.......some fun stuff.

• Like 5
Rougarou
20 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Nope, they have a better track record than the CH-46 which is what they replaced.  I don't remember where I found it, but there was a comparison between flight testing of the CH-46 and the V-22.  During testing, the CH-46 fell outta the sky a crapton more than the V-22.

Methinks the reason the V-22 has a bad reputation is the mass media surrounding it during pre-certification.

Your linked article states that only 62 people have died because of Osprey crashes.  My unit lost 31 in a single drop from the sky in a CH-53.  While it was pilot error that caused this, pilot error caused several V-22's to drop as well.

The V-22 is a good bird.

Also, in August 2004, just prior to departing for Iraq, we almost weren't allowed to take our CH-53's as Okinawa grounded them due to one falling outta the sky.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

the CH53 is my favorite wind beater.

"Sea Stallion" is pretty cool as far as names go, but maybe they shoulda just called it the "Sea Clydesdale."

• Smile 1
Dennis Andress

Never mind that the sun is setting and it’s 96 f’in degrees out; in spite of all the drama it hasn’t rained all week!

IMG_1786.jpeg

Drama

L1000726.jpeg

• Like 7
Rougarou

Yesterday about right now

74490848645__4745DEFE-58D3-4B62-BBC7-313EDD6F4BB9.thumb.jpeg.afeb5923e056f297ae2e5fbf6999a994.jpeg

Then later that evening 

74493681201__B424F374-B36E-4EFB-BED9-62BFBF987D90.thumb.jpeg.97a3a519e071eb54b53fc647df1cac03.jpeg74493683320__F4B07606-031C-4AC4-B984-F0C9A41ED045.thumb.jpeg.2d1132f49d2096ebf4c3b7b86862e76d.jpeg

Like the Outback so much, went and splurged on an Ascent Touring

• Like 4
roadscholar
3 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

AWD ≠ 4WD in National Park System

Typical bureaucratic BS, albeit the majority of AWD vehicles do suck off road, there are some very capable ones. Most of the SUV's from Germany, ML's, Cayenne's, some Audi's, and some Subaru's do just fine. Ist generation ML's have low range as standard, 2nd gen ones you have to order the off road package which 99% never do. Some of the beaches here have signs that say 4wd only, no AWD, because the Japanese and Korean SUV's constantly get stuck in the soft sand. It's like Callaway Gardens not allowing motorcycles because 80% of them were inconsiderate, obnoxious Harley riders with loud pipes that ruined it for everyone. 

Years ago I took a late 80's MB 300E 4matic sedan to Porpoise Point, an area of rutted super soft sand that only sees mostly lifted Jeeps and 4x4 pickups with fat tires. Drove out in the middle, stopped the car, turned the wheels all the way to the right and got out (there were 4 of us). By now all the truck/Jeep people were watching with interest, got back in started it up and drove away like nothing happened, the Jeep guys were impressed : )

I've got a couple 1st gen ML's and plan on taking one to the Rockies again to hit some trails, years ago drove one over Ophir Pass w/o a problem and plan on some of the more challenging stuff albeit with A/T tires this time, pretty sure it will handle them. I've tried to get them stuck in Ocala NF with no success (notorious for deep sugar sand), the rocks/trails out west allow much better traction, guess I won't be doing the White Rim Trail in Canyonlands NP again.

• Like 3
Rougarou

AWD is not 4WD and 4WD is only 2WD and not 4WD unless equipped with lockers.  Several modern 4WD vehicles have electronic rear locker, thus making a 4WD vehicle a 3WD vehicle (back wheels equal traction with one wheel traction in the front). 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Rougarou said:

AWD is not 4WD and 4WD is only 2WD and not 4WD unless equipped with lockers.  Several modern 4WD vehicles have electronic rear locker, thus making a 4WD vehicle a 3WD vehicle (back wheels equal traction with one wheel traction in the front). 

I was thinking the same as I was watching the vid. Then I realized that whomever made the rules was/is a govm'nt idiot who doesn't know any better.

I'd take my recently acquired first gen ML320 just about anywhere......one of the reasons we bought it! ('99 w/only 50k miles on it).

I"m with Bill on the early 4Matics...... a good driver could take one just about anywhere.

Gratuitous pic so all y'all know it happened.......:thumbsup:

74476715692__D95FB30E-717F-4447-A5A8-E8FD1325BB41.jpeg

• Like 2