IGNORED

Cars..

roadscholar

Dennis Andress

Makes me wonder what I’m missing…

image.png

A bit much ^. Almost a caricature of a beautiful car… But, I may not understand so there’s that.

I’m up in Portsmouth getting some recalls done on my truck. I said they ruined the styling of the mustang but I’m slowly changing that opinion. 

IMG_5209.thumb.jpeg.1209008bbc7436e175871f807edc987a.jpeg

• Haha 1
Dennis Andress
33 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I’m up in Portsmouth getting some recalls done on my truck. I said they ruined the styling of the mustang but I’m slowly changing that opinion. 

IMG_5209.thumb.jpeg.1209008bbc7436e175871f807edc987a.jpeg

I took one for a test ride a few months ago🥱. Take a look at the Lexus LC 500 instead. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
17 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

I took one for a test ride a few months ago🥱. Take a look at the Lexus LC 500 instead. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1
Dennis Andress

471 HP V8. Lots of cool options for a fraction of a Pcar What turned me off to it was horrible tire wear due to factory negative camber spec, And most of the owners seemed to be fan boys, and older than me.

Exterior front 3/4 shot of the LC Bespoke Build shown in Caviar.

• Like 1
roadscholar
3 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

image.png

Brutal acceleration and braking, and handling that's hard to comprehend. Lap after lap after lap, it just keeps going.

2019 Porsche 911 RSR

2019 Porsche 911 RSR

2019 Porsche 911 RSR

• Like 2
Dennis Andress
14 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Brutal acceleration and braking, and handling that's hard to comprehend. Lap after lap after lap, it just keeps going.

So, I’m too old?

• Haha 1
roadscholar

Maybe, I certainly am. But there might be a bigger issue : )

If a road-going 2019 model year Porsche 911 GT3 RS will set you back about $187,500, the new 911 GT3 RSR will cost well over $1 million. The six customer cars built for the 2018 season were all sold for a price of $1.1 million apiece, so it's easy to guess that the new works cars are even more expensive 

Dennis Andress
7 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

If a road-going 2019 model year Porsche 911 GT3 RS will set you back about $187,500, the new 911 GT3 RSR will cost well over $1 million. The six customer cars built for the 2018 season were all sold for a price of $1.1 million apiece, so it's easy to guess that the new works cars are even more expensive 

I’ll quit eating steak and go back to beans…

• Like 1
Rougarou
9 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Much like an exclusive call girl,.......the ride would be fun, but the price makes it not worth it:classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
roadscholar
6 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Much like an exclusive call girl,.......the ride would be fun, but the price makes it not worth it:classic_biggrin:

Usually, but one of those is probably worth 2 or 3 times that nowdays.

6 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

the ride would be fun, but the price makes it not worth it:classic_biggrin:

Gotta live in the moment! :dance: :classic_biggrin:

Rougarou
4 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Usually, but one of those is probably worth 2 or 3 times that nowdays.

You priced a call girl recently:classic_biggrin:  Heck, strip joint ATMs no longer give out singles.  Been some years since I've been in one, but singles aren't the standard anymore.;)   A quick search reveals up to $10k an hour for some,.....that's $240k a day for those sheik types that can afford it and want the extended girlfriend packages.   Five days work and some of these ladies can buy one of those cars.  Jus sayin;),....since we're talking about rides.

• Like 1
Hosstage
5 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

image.png

No superfluous pieces, every one has a purpose. What you're missing out on is getting your spleen put it not a different part of your body on every corner. It's not for everybody, but somevody it is appreciating it.

I'm too old. For that ride and the other discussed.

JamesW

Jay Leno's Garage has become my favorite TV show.  I would love to take a tour.  Watched one last night that featured a Ford Mustang GT350 with the fantastic 289 motor.  Made me salivate. :thumbsup:  I would swap my 2011 Mustang GT/CS with its 5.0L for it in a minute, I think.  Not real sure but I think.....

• Like 3

An oil filter story

It goes like this. I brought my truck to the dealership for an oil change and a month later I see something hanging down under the front of the truck. I craw under the front bumper and I see a shop rag stuffed up in the oil filter run off tray. :classic_angry:
I snaps a picture. I sat on it for about a week and finally got pissed off enough and sent the picture to the dealer. 

Oh, we’re very sorry, we’ll comp you the next oil change. Ok, fair enough.

image.thumb.jpeg.6d947d6e49c574332dc707c718e049fb.jpeg

Here is the same filter spun around and zoomed in on the number.

IMG_4665.thumb.jpeg.b5115dc333a7fc71ba21d2ab754a0a7c.jpeg

Now look at the number but pay attention to the slash above the 0 and the dot above the 13.

Here is the filter they comped me when I brought the truck in for a couple recalls last week.  See any similarities? 
IMG_5212.thumb.jpeg.c545064523f4e5b0c588fd550ce1f67a.jpeg

Called and bitched, the service manager called and left me a message saying the tech said he changed the filter. (Ya ok) He said they will change the oil and filter again as a goodwill gesture. Wow, thanks.  :classic_rolleyes:

I go back today and have the oil changed (for real this time) and look what I found. They knew I was going to check. Kind of funny but maybe a little unprofessional… :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.9d6bda650a90b9a03fdc8abfc0ba880a.jpeg

wbw6cos

Yo, I thought dem Fords be tough and don't need no stinkin oil change!   :dontknow:

• Haha 1
roadscholar

Never ever trust a car dealership, all are a house of lies. If their lips are movin' they're lyin'. I know that's a broad brush but I've been around enough of 'em to know, at least in the cities. You might find some honest small town ones because everybody knows everybody but otherwise unlikely.

• Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

Never ever trust a car dealership, all are a house of lies. If their lips are movin' they're lyin'. I know that's a broad brush but I've been around enough of 'em to know, at least in the cities. You might find some honest small town ones because everybody knows everybody but otherwise unlikely.

Especially, don't trust the bible thumpin' good old boys with framed bible verses on the wall.

• Plus 1 2
Rougarou
3 hours ago, TEWKS said:

An oil filter story

It goes like this. I brought my truck to the dealership for an oil change and a month later I see something hanging down under the front of the truck. I craw under the front bumper and I see a shop rag stuffed up in the oil filter run off tray. :classic_angry:
I snaps a picture. I sat on it for about a week and finally got pissed off enough and sent the picture to the dealer. 

Oh, we’re very sorry, we’ll comp you the next oil change. Ok, fair enough.

image.thumb.jpeg.6d947d6e49c574332dc707c718e049fb.jpeg

Here is the same filter spun around and zoomed in on the number.

IMG_4665.thumb.jpeg.b5115dc333a7fc71ba21d2ab754a0a7c.jpeg

Now look at the number but pay attention to the slash above the 0 and the dot above the 13.

Here is the filter they comped me when I brought the truck in for a couple recalls last week.  See any similarities? 
IMG_5212.thumb.jpeg.c545064523f4e5b0c588fd550ce1f67a.jpeg

Called and bitched, the service manager called and left me a message saying the tech said he changed the filter. (Ya ok) He said they will change the oil and filter again as a goodwill gesture. Wow, thanks.  :classic_rolleyes:

I go back today and have the oil changed (for real this time) and look what I found. They knew I was going to check. Kind of funny but maybe a little unprofessional… :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.9d6bda650a90b9a03fdc8abfc0ba880a.jpeg

If'n you did it yourself, you wouldn'ta run into this issue and waste time going back and forth to the dealership.

Watch for the sales on oil, pick it up, store it, same with filters.....then it's a matter of how long it takes you to crawl your fat ass under the truck and do the do:grin::grin:

Oh, no worry's about disposal, just dump it around stuff you don't want to grow,....or in your fire pit;),....or if you are environmentally conscious, dump it at your local autoparts store

• Haha 2

I know, if you want it done right… :) Believe it or not, the dealerships have been only a few dollars more than buying the oil and filter and doing it yourself. Of course, they’ll try to sell you an air filter here and there. Now this place was great on the sale part so I figured I’d throw them the service also. I’m probably going to have to rethink that.

Dennis Andress

My oil filter story

A long time ago Laney's K1200 RS started smoking. After a few trips back and forth to the dealer the service manager told her "It wouldn't smoke if you didn't ride it like a girl." Hence Laney had a license plate frame made that says "Watch Out  - Rides like a girl."

I've a long time friend who had a job working as a mechanic for the Arizona DPS. Part of his job was changing oil on their motorcycles. He had a habit of writing something silly on the bike oil filters. Shortly after Laney died he asked me what i wanted to put on an oil filter. My answer was: "Watch out rides like a girl."

He texts me about a year later to say the Hwy Patrol had picked up a new bike cop and the dude had dropped his bike on his first day on the job. Upon inspecting the bike my buddy found the oil filter said.....

Resized_20210324_110744_6634.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Smile 3
9Mary7
9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

the dealerships have been only a few dollars more than buying the oil and filter and doing it yourself.

'Cause they ain't changing the filter:dopeslap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Rougarou
10 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I know, if you want it done right… :) Believe it or not, the dealerships have been only a few dollars more than buying the oil and filter and doing it yourself. Of course, they’ll try to sell you an air filter here and there. Now this place was great on the sale part so I figured I’d throw them the service also. I’m probably going to have to rethink that.

Time is money.  Drive time to dealership, wait time at dealership, drive time back from dealership,.......personal cost per minute, personal cost per per hour.

Vehicle already home, either mail ordered or picked up oil change stuff while out and about.  Ten-fifteen minutes, oil is changed,......time efficiency,.....and I know the filter gets swapped out;):grin:

Anyway, for me, I'm looking at 45 minutes just to get to a GM dealer or Subi dealer or BMW dealership type place.  That'd be 1.5 hours turnaround time just in commute,....not counting time sitting in a waiting room.  Our typical grocery shopping town doesn't have any dealerships, but I could "trust" the professionals at Walmart I guess.

• Like 1

I do agree that doing it yourself is more efficient and satisfying (as in becoming more familiar with your vehicle) but then again, I don’t have this in the driveway to take for a test spin while I wait! :yes:

IMG_5328.thumb.jpeg.d0a4aa2d2eb2394629fe6058a3138b3b.jpeg

2.7 ecoboost.. Man, I was very impressed with the power. :burnout:

Oh man, trying to pass off a Mclaren as a POS Porsche Cayman. :rofl: 

• Sad 1

Now, I’m not sure I would have laughed 

Spoiler

that much. :spittake:

because somebody could have been hurt. 

• Smile 1
Dennis Andress
24 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Oh man, trying to pass off a Mclaren as a POS Porsche Cayman. :rofl: 

Makes me wonder what the guy who decides what does and does not get crushed drives…

13 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

Makes me wonder what the guy who decides what does and does not get crushed drives…

IDK but, there’s a good chance he’s not a “car guy”. And apparently, they never heard of a thing called an auction. :dontknow:

Dennis Andress
48 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

IDK but, there’s a good chance he’s not a “car guy”. And apparently, they never heard of a thing called an auction. :dontknow:

He's in a position to make a bit of money off people who's car is in line for destruction...

Dennis Andress

Why am I sitting in front of this stupid computer?

53624506038_95d89c1aa1_h.jpg

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 2
Hosstage
14 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Now, I’m not sure I would have laughed 

Reveal hidden contents

that much. :spittake:

because somebody could have been hurt. 

Pretty sure you would have. How could you not?

• Haha 2
41 minutes ago, bendbill said:

with the obligatory bikini blonde straddling 2 RTs

Scroll, Scroll, Scroll STOP!!! :rofl:

• Haha 2
Rougarou

Harley's at a stoplight,......just plain stoopid.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Yep  I'd really want to pay extra for that feature

What? You don’t have that setup on your boat? Coolest guy in the marina… :thumbsup: :classic_biggrin: Umm, Fonzie just jumped the shark tank with that one, Ford. :read:

Confession…I hated the styling of the new Mustang when I FIRST saw them. Damn YouTube. :facepalm:

• Haha 1
Rougarou
Just now, TEWKS said:

What? You don’t have that setup on your boat? Coolest guy in the marina… :thumbsup: :classic_biggrin: Umm, Fonzie just jumped the shark tank with that one, Ford. :read:

Confession…I hated the styling of the new Mustang when I FIRST saw them. Damn YouTube. :facepalm:

I'd borrow my brothers boat on Independence Day as there was a local lake that had events.  The lake has a walk out boardwalk. I'd back the boat up near the boardwalk and trim the motor up a bit, prop just under the water and spray those on the boardwalk.  One guy yelled, "I got your numbers",.....I thought, whatever, it's my brothers digits.

That's the limit of my boat operations.

• Haha 2
wbw6cos

That sound would be great if the Mach E could produce it.   Just sayin'

2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

That sound would be great if the Mach E could produce it.   Just sayin'

There’s probably an app for it but that might be worse than a GS rider knowing the location to every Starbucks on the east coast!  :spittake:

image.jpeg.3130f34269174df72b8fa7c8a732b8ca.jpeg

• Smile 1
On 6/7/2024 at 9:16 PM, Rougarou said:

If'n you did it yourself, you wouldn'ta run into this issue and waste time going back and forth to the dealership.

You’re probably right Richard. If a girl can do it. :dontknow:

Rougarou

Wipe that sweat girl,......wipe that sweat!!!!

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2