IGNORED

Cars..

roadscholar

Hosstage

It's ok to admit that you're a little jealous that I owned one of these for a time.

Probably my favorite car, though I still have a soft spot for my old Ford wagon with the 390.

1979_jeep_grand-wagoneer_img_4405-4-99731.jpg.d8be33aee949e79b71abfe1f5aa6688b.jpg

• Like 1
Rougarou
5 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

It's ok to admit that you're a little jealous that I owned one of these for a time.

Probably my favorite car, though I still have a soft spot for my old Ford wagon with the 390.

1979_jeep_grand-wagoneer_img_4405-4-99731.jpg.d8be33aee949e79b71abfe1f5aa6688b.jpg

man id pimp that. 

401 or 360?

• Smile 1
Hosstage
Just now, Rougarou said:

man id pimp that. 

401 or 360?

360. Ran like a top. Quadra Trac drive line with the vacuum locking switch in the glove box.

Funny story. I bought it for $500 (it was 10 years old and a bit rusty), drove it for 5 years, sticking about $500 into it including exhaust. Sold it asking $500, kid comes out with his mom. Asks if I'll take $350. I said no, I can't do that, give me $300. He starts to speak, realizes what I just said, looks confused. I said listen, it's an old car, don't beat on it, don't let your friends talk you into going off road. Take the extra $50 for gas. I looked at his mom, she was smirking a bit. He drove off with a big old grin.

I'm just trying to buy my way into heaven, $50 at a time.

• Like 2
  • Smile 2
Dennis Andress
15 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Hank, without pictures… :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

IMG_0551.jpeg

• Like 1

Thinking of buying a '25 Cayman base 6MT (fully optioned, with all performance options, and most luxury options as well) before they disappear. It's the last year of the ICE Caymans/Boxsters, which is one of the most satisfying cars to drive at any price. But balking at the $100K price tag (at MSRP). I'm far from a large guy, at 5'10" and 162#, but felt claustrophobic in a Miata RF, so would never consider one. And neither a cloth-top convertible. The BMWs (owned an M3 V8) are not nearly as satisfying to drive as the Cayman, and the Cayman can be equipped much nicer, so it's either that, or nothing.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

C'mon down for a test ride.:4907:

Teach me how to load a musket and you’d really temp me! :classic_laugh: Hey, did Jason buy that 2016 RT with 3000 miles on it? Looked like a really great deal, although my bike is prettier! :spittake:

Hank in WV

C'mon down and I'll show you how to build one. :) yeah, he just sent for the new title. I like the bike but it bends my knees too much. Hate that keyless routine.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

C'mon down and I'll show you how to build one. :) yeah, he just sent for the new title. I like the bike but it bends my knees too much. Hate that keyless routine.

Sounds like a good field trip! :thumbsup: Yeah that was the first thing I noticed getting on the wethead rt, seat & peg relationship was a lot tighter. Well maybe not a lot but enough to notice. Did the guy have the right side battery panel? It was off in the CL pictures, tell him I said good luck with it, he’s gonna love it I think.

This 5’11” tester with 4” heals not that I noticed, and yes, she’s very knowledgeable loved the Miata. :spittake: 

• Like 1

11 inch diameter sway bar?  Wow, sounds beefy.

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

11 inch diameter sway bar?  Wow, sounds beefy.

I know I caught that. :spittake: 

edit

The joke was already written about that but this being a family channel and all. :D

• Smile 1
Hank in WV

Hey Pat I don't know how you can resist buying one of these. You can even drive it in your 4" heals... and, in a shit mood too.:3:

• Haha 1

Hey, you saw Richard’s video of me, 4” heels would just crumble under all that! :rofl:

• Like 1
Rougarou
16 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

You can even drive it in your 4" heals... and, in a shit mood too.:3:

Well,......it is 2024, so if he's wearing heels,......it's kinda allowable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Hank in WV said:

Offer still stands for a test drive.

Thanks again Hank. I stopped up in Portsmouth to look at them today. They were lined up a few weeks ago 6, maybe 8 of them when I drove by. Today two used ones. I can’t get over how small they are.

image.thumb.jpeg.76602a3e946ea8870672ea302bcfc97c.jpeg

8 hours ago, Hank in WV said:

Ya gotta get in one. If'n it fits ya, yer gonna like it.:18:

Funny you say that, of course the dealership was closed and I was thinking “I wonder what it feels like” inside the car? :5146:

51 minutes ago, duckhawk64 said:

You guys got me thinking about a Miata. 

Can happen to anyone! ;) :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

My wife asks me why I always drive so fast in her Camry. I say it's because I drive a 1 ton van with 5000 pounds of crap in it every day for work. Any car is a sports car after that. All I need is an actual sports car and off to jail I go. 

I'm not a sports car or muscle car guy yet, still got my motorcycles. But one day....

(Those motorcycles have gotten me pretty close to jail. A muscle car would seal the deal.)

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
roadscholar
9 hours ago, Hosstage said:

My wife asks me why I always drive so fast in her Camry. I say it's because I drive a 1 ton van with 5000 pounds of crap in it every day for work. Any car is a sports car after that. All I need is an actual sports car and off to jail I go. 

I'm not a sports car or muscle car guy yet, still got my motorcycles. But one day....

(Those motorcycles have gotten me pretty close to jail. A muscle car would seal the deal.)

You just have to pace yourself and learn when you can or can't let it rip, after 60 years I'm still working on it.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, roadscholar said:

You just have to pace yourself and learn when you can or can't let it rip, after 60 years I'm still working on it.

Don't I know it! Came hammering out of an uphill turn on the bike yesterday,, hit a nice open straight and ran it hard up to about 95-100. Approaching a slight rise, back out, get it back down to about 65 in a 55, copper sitting up ahead in his squad waiting for knuckleheads to come over that crest at full song. I let it coast down to about 61 as I passed him. All good. One more talk avoided.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Good to see your getting back on track Pat

Did somebody say “track”? :spittake: What’s up with this, would somebody really want this paint scheme for the street? “Racing history and heritage” I guess? :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.ce88161d394af7964e86cb2571afaceb.jpeg

Hank in WV
54 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Hehe, they actually let me in the showroom and offered me drinks and snacks. :spittake:

image.thumb.jpeg.8da15d3f4ceb5345fd9b9ce3e8698af4.jpeg

After a few drinks, you'd have probably bought it.:19:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
51 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

After a few drinks, you'd have probably bought it.:19:

That car cost twice what it did to build my house back in 93. :classic_ohmy: But, a few drinks, who knows what could happen… :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1