IGNORED

Sorry, officer. I've been busy lately

Rougarou

Wow!!  Expired plate since 1997.  When the officer asked the man why, the driver replied, "Sorry, officer. I've been busy lately and totally forgot to renew my vehicle registration."

Well, he got away with it for 13 years.

26 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I would have been nervous for the first three years, after that....:5223: :4323:

When we had the SuperDuty, we kept it registered in Bayou State.  It was great too, no annual taxes and registration was every FOUR years for that plate.  Sold that truck about three years ago, now all my vehicles are NC registered.

At one time, I had one vehicle registered in TN, one in LA and two in NC........glad my wife does the bills and kept up with all that.

My first new car was a Monte Carlo SS I bought up in NH. They give 30 day temp plates on new vehicles up there. But I believe for New Hampshire residents only. 

I don’t remember the circumstances but somehow I got the dealer to give me the NH temp plate. (Thinking I was beating the system ;)) It turned out to be a royal PITA trying to straighten out that mess down at the MASS RMV. :dopeslap:

At one time, I was stationed in NC, still stock so kept it NC registered.  We moved to GA, transferred registration to GA. I finally funded the build on my Jeep, ended up paying the thing off and registering in LA, avoiding any "legal" issues due to fender/tire issues.  We got orders to Japan and I was going to let my brother in law keep the Jeep for three years.  LA has a tire vs fender law also and my tires, with spacers on, weren't covered, with spacers off, barely covered, so, since I had property in TN, I registered the Jeep in TN so my brother in law wouldn't run into any law enforcement issues.  Upon return from Japan, we just kept the Jeep registered in TN,......kept things simple that way.

The benefits of active duty and "picking" homes of record.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

At one time, I was stationed in NC, still stock so kept it NC registered.  We moved to GA, transferred registration to GA. I finally funded the build on my Jeep, ended up paying the thing off and registering in LA, avoiding any "legal" issues due to fender/tire issues.  We got orders to Japan and I was going to let my brother in law keep the Jeep for three years.  LA has a tire vs fender law also and my tires, with spacers on, weren't covered, with spacers off, barely covered, so, since I had property in TN, I registered the Jeep in TN so my brother in law wouldn't run into any law enforcement issues.  Upon return from Japan, we just kept the Jeep registered in TN,......kept things simple that way.

The benefits of active duty and "picking" homes of record.

Thanks for your service Richard!  

• Like 1